Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thunderstorms

I love being in the path of thunderstorms again!  We had thunderstorms regularly  growing up in Oklahoma, and so I was disappointed in North Dakota at the lack of storms.  But already, here in Louisiana, there have been several that have developed.


I love the way the air feels as the front changes the air temperature and the wind builds up.  I love gazing at the sky--often full of endless clouds from one end to the other, and I love the sound of rain and thunder to my ear.  Such a thrill!


Last night, as a storm once again approached in the distance, I pondered on the mightiness of God in something such as a thunderstorm!  God demonstrates his power and magnificence in so many ways!  If only I would take more time to stop and ponder on his splendor. 


Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."

1 comment: