Monday, March 8, 2010

To Glorify His Name

John 12:28

“Father, Glorify your Name!”

This is what Jesus proclaimed when faced with his upcoming death on the cross for our sins, “Glorify your Name!” His prayer was not for deliverance (because he knew that someone must pay the price for the sins of the world), but for his Father to be glorified. As I reflect on this passage of God’s Word, I try to bring it back home to my own life. Often, my prayers are for my own personal, selfish desires that are based on this earthly and temporary life. Rather, I want to follow in Jesus’ pattern and pray for God’s name to be glorified no matter what! He was facing crucifixion, and yet he still remembered to give God the glory. Therefore, I have been trying to switch gears in my prayer life—Yes, I can still pray for desires and needs I have—because I believe God cares about even the tiniest sparrow—but I am trying to realign the focus of my prayers…that no matter the outcome—whether it works out the way I want to or not, that God’s name would be glorified. After all—that is why I am here on earth--to live for my Lord!

1 comment:

  1. It's all about God! We forget that so often and turn our prayers into wish lists. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete