Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Showers of Blessings

I was so very blessed to have been showered with so much love and generosity in the past few months.  People from my home in Oklahoma, Eric's home in North Dakota and Minneasota, along with Air Force and church friends from both North Dakota and Louisiana surprised me with special showers to celebrate the birth of our upcoming baby boy.  Eric and I felt so humbled and grateful.  Here are some pictures of some of the showers I had.  


The most recent was a "mail shower," put on by my friends Angie and Sara from college.  They contacted lots of family and friends to all send us a package during a certain week.  It was so much fun to get all the packages----I wish I would have taken a picture of all of them!  Eric was on chemo when they all started arriving, so I saved them till he was feeling better and we had a fun night of opening boxes.  Eric's remarks were, "So this is what a shower is like?"  Obviously, he has never attended a "shower" other than a rain shower!



Eric's mom made this fun quilt.  She even quilted airplanes on it and made our little boy a stocking!

Here is another blanket that Eric's cousin made along with a Bible story book a friend gave us....just to show a few of the gifts.  Also, you can see a high chair in the background.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




A friend Bri from our church---Open Door Bible--here in Shreveport, put on this beautiful shower for me in September.  These little bags, "A baby is brewing," were the party favors with yummy tea and shortbread in them.  


Bri had such a beautiful table with little cupcakes and tea.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Airplane shower with Air Force Friends
This was such a fun shower.  I've known some of these friends from when Eric was in the 11th Bomb Training Squadron back in 2007, and who still live here in Shreveport.  Others are ones I've met since we moved here and whose husbands are in the 96th with us now.  However, the majority of these girls lived in Minot with me when we were there and now have moved along with us to Shreveport. 



The hostesses Melissa, Kaley, Kristin, and Stacey did a beautiful job with the food, decorations, and fun activities!!!  They even started a little airplane piggy bank with loose change for Baby Schmidt!



Yummy brunch!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My home church in Oklahoma also put on a special baby shower for me when I was home visiting in August.  What a blessing it was to have all of the wonderful women who were apart of my growing up years plan this event for me.  Here I am with my mom and sister-in-law Stephanie.



My beautiful mama and I standing in front of the "airplane flying in the clouds" balloons.

My grandma and I (we didn't even plan to match)!


No comments:

Post a Comment