As our summer (at least on the calendar, not temperature) comes to an end, I can look back and say, "I did it!" Looking at my open calendar back in May, the summer looked very difficult. My mind always drifts back to, "What would Eric and I be doing?" If you know Eric, you know he was always on the go, and had some kind of plan or idea. It usually involved serving or being with people, adventure, and food!!! I loved the initiative he took, and how he lived life to its fullest!!! Simply said, "I absolutely loved my husband, and I miss him every moment, with every ounce within me!!!
So, as I looked at the summer, with my other half missing, I was very lonely and depressed realizing---"It's up to me now!"...."What am I going to do all summer?!"
My first thoughts were...as they are a lot of the time lately..."I don't want to do a thing, since I can't do it with Eric!" But somehow I mustered up some courage to make some plans, and looking back, I had some very fun times this summer. Yes, it looked different then it would have looked had Eric been here, (which brought on the tears), but I made it through and really had some wonderful moments with dear people!
Some of the things Landon and I got to be apart of, were: a friend's wedding in Omaha, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Steph's wheat harvest,
Mommy and Me swim classes, a week in Kansas with a friend from college, and our most recent trip back to Shreveport for the
1st Annual Eric Schmidt Memorial Water Ski Tournament. It was such an honor for the ski club Eric was apart of, to begin this event. Also, while there, Landon and I tried to spend as much time with friends as possible. This was Eric and I's home, and so it was certainly not enough time to spend with everyone! I also have enjoyed getting to see different friends and relatives who have been in Oklahoma visiting this summer.
Here are a few pics from our summer.
 |
| Helping Grandpa Ediger plant his garden |
 |
| with the combine! |
 |
| floating w/ Mommy |
 |
| At the Ski Tournament |
 |
| playing with friend Amy |
 |
| Eric's ski buddy Mike gave Landon a ride on the boat |
 |
| sitting w/ "Mimi" Chris |
 |
handsome in his suit!
|
Laura, I am so glad you got to experience some fun this summer! I am sure Eric would be so proud of you for taking initiative and having some fun with family and friends! :)
ReplyDeleteSecond by second...minute by minute...hour by hour.... day by day....you will get through each day...you have a "cloud of witnesses" above you and you have your brothers and sisters to stand beside you....we love you and pray for you daily. We are so thank ful for the opportunites of laughter...love....fun...friendship and family that God allowed to happen for you this summer....a hard summer definitely but one I am sure that was filled with love...memories...sorrow...faith...tears....
ReplyDeletefriendship....and many "Blessings". Just when the road gets weary..when the load is to heavy to bear...when it seems you can't take another step...know that we are supporting you...loving you...praying for you and " cheering " you on:) We love ya and love that little guy too :)
Take care,
The Stoutenborough's