Eric's parents came for a visit in July. While they were here visiting, we had a dedication time for Landon at church. This was a time for me to publicly declare that it is my desire to train Landon up in the knowledge of the Lord, and ask for the body of Christ to stand beside me. Along with that is my prayer that one day Landon will make his own choice to personally follow after the Lord and give his life to him.
I did not realize how hard this would be until I was at the front of the church, holding Landon next to our pastor. The emptiness of Eric not being there hurt very deeply. But, the Lord gave me the strength to take the next step...something I just seem to pray for all the time....strength and wisdom to simply take next step. Otherwise, I can become very fearful if I look into the future.
Several months ago, I was at the piano, and a few words starting spinning in my head, along with the desire to want to write a song for Landon's Dedication. I prayed that if the Lord wanted me to write it, that he would continue to give me the words, which he did. So, during the service, I sang the song, "What your Daddy Would Want You To Know." It is my prayer for Landon, and the words are below.
 |
What Your Daddy Would Want You To Know
Chorus What your Daddy would want you to know
What your Daddy would want you to know
He’d tell the love of his Father Whose Son gave His life for you
He has a plan for your life That’s what your Daddy would want you to know
Verse 1
He’d say my son my love for you Brought a glimpse to my heart from above Of the love that our Savior has lavished on us And I pray you may share it as well That’s what your Daddy would want you to know
Chorus What your Daddy would want you to know
What your Daddy would want you to know
He’d tell the love of his Father
Whose Son gave His life for you He has a plan for your life That’s what your Daddy would want you to know
Verse 2 He’d say my son you will have trials In this life but my prayer for you Is that you seek the Lord, and consider all joy And God’s power will carry you through That’s what your Daddy would want you to know
Chorus
Verse 3
He’d say my son my prayer for you If you find the joy of the Lord Is that you’d share that joy and tell the world of his Son That’s what your daddy would want them to know
Chorus
Ending That’s what your daddy would want them to know And what your Daddy would want you to know
Some pictures of Eric's parents and Landon's Grandpa and Grandma Schmidt
 |
| playing with Grandma |
 |
| Laughing with Grandpa |

 |
| G & G Schmidt introduced Landon to his first taste of Sonic. A cherry limeade was one of Eric's favorites, and so I know that he would be proud of Landon! |
|
 |
| Bedtime story |
Laura, thanks for sharing the song God gave you that Sunday. It was a beautiful blessing.
ReplyDeleteLaura, that is just beautiful!
ReplyDelete