Landon and I made a trip up north at the end of August. We flew to Fargo, ND to spend time with Eric's parents. While there, we had the opportunity to see many of Eric's relatives. We also made it up to Minot for a few short days to see friends. The trip was very difficult in some ways, but also very good. It was wonderful to see people, but was painful to not have Eric apart of everything. It also hurt badly to have to face so many good memories in North Dakota. North Dakota was Eric and I's first home for two years while he was stationed at Minot Air Force Base and I taught third grade. Many people cringe at the thought of moving so far up north, but we had a wonderful time there. Our answer was, "Buy a coat and get over it!!" While living there we made amazing friends in Minot, and were able to spend some time with Eric's extended family in the area. Here are some pictures from Landon and I's trip.
 |
| Landon with Eric's cousins and uncle |
 |
| "Oh mama, the sun is in my eyes!!" |
 |
| Landon's second cousins |
 |
| With Grandpa Schmidt |
 |
| And Grandma Schmidt |
 |
| "helping Grandma do dishes!" |
 |
| "I'm a silly boy hanging out w/ my great aunt's and uncle's!" |
 |
| Great Aunt Mintie is making me laugh! |
 |
| Eric's cousins--Lee, Amanda, Colton, and Hannah |
While in Minot for a few days, I stayed with Eric and I's best friends in Minot~~Matt and Coreen and their three kids, Abbigail, Ella, and baby Jonah
Matt, Corren, and I all went out to eat one night. The empty seat was so obvious and painful, but we enjoyed our time together.
 |
Jonah and Landon
While in Minot, we also had a chance to see our friends David and Angela, along with their twins--Anderson and Callie! The three kiddos--almost the same age--had a fun time crawling around together!! |
Landon was a little ham on the airplane. He seemed to make many friends on the plane--waving and grinning at them! He seems to be a social little thing! While his mother struggles getting "plane sick," Landon must take after his daddy, because he seemed to love every bit of it! He especially liked looking out the window.
 |
Landon
|
Can't wait until our paths meet again. Until then remember you are in our nightly prayers.
ReplyDelete