Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Below is an excerpt from Ann Voscamp's blog.  I appreciate her words. (http://www.aholyexperience.com/)
Authentic thanks is always, for all things, because our God is a God kneading all things into a bread that sustains. Paul gave “glory in tribulations” (Ro. 5:13) and took “pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake” (2 Cor. 12:10), and he knew that which didn’t look like anything good might yield good, all in the hand of a good God.
To bring the sacrifice of thanksgiving means to sacrifice your understanding of what is beneficial and thank God for everything because He is benevolent.
A sacrifice of thanks lays down our perspective and raises hands in praise anyways – always.
A sacrifice is by definition not an easy thing.
There is this: We give thanks to God not because of how we feel – but because of Who He is.
Here are some things I'm grateful for:
My brother taking the time to give Landon a ride

Watching Landon push is truck through the grass

My precious little boy!  (1st haircut by the way!)

My mother--a wonderful grandmother and friend to me

The moments of life
My sister-in-law Stephanie who is filled with kindness





My dad taking time for Landon

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoyed reading your post and seeing your pictures. My eyes filled with tears when I see how the Lord has blessed you and Landon. I know it has been more than hard this year but His blessing are continual and new every morning. I love you and sure love seeing pictures of that cute little guy.
    Rachel Wharton

    ReplyDelete