Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Landon's 1st Birthday

Yes, I can't believe it, but on October 11, Landon turned 1! What a true gift from the Lord he has been to all of us over the past year.  He was our joy amidst sorrow.  While Eric only was able to be apart of Landon's first 3 1/2 months of life, we were all able to witness the love and pride that he had for his son.  Amidst sadness in our hearts that he couldn't be with us, we still had a reason to celebrate...and so we did!!


I made a pumpkin loaf for his Birthday breakfast.
                                
I planned a big party with friends and family, and it was  a lot of fun!  I really appreciated family and friends coming from out of town to help celebrate.  It meant so much to me!

I wanted the party to, in some way, relate to Eric.  So, yes, we had an "airplane" theme.   I even attempted an airplane cake...(with help from mom and Eric's mom) and found that I really enjoy cake decorating!  My friend Jill also came and carved the airplane watermelon!  Here are some pictures from Landon's big day!

"Hmm..those look like fun!"


The cake I decorated 


An airplane watermelon

"They are all singing 'Happy Birthday' to Me!"


Happy Grandpa Ediger

"What is this thing on my tray?"



"Oh, this is fun!"

"This tastes sweeter than those veggies mama keeps giving me!"

"Think I'll add some to my hair!"

"Oh my, this is wearing me out!"

"So much fun!"


Eric's Mom


Eric's brother's family came down from Rapid City.  Here are their boys Will and Micah with Landon



Below is a picture of Landon's birthday present that I purchased for him.  I never knew that shopping for a b-day present would bring me to tears.  To me, Eric was supposed to be the one to pick out something "cool" for Landon for his birthday.  It was just another reminder of his absence to me.  But, I put my big girl shoes on and found something that I thought Eric would pick for Landon. Landon loves anything with wheels he just loved his new little truck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment