Today for some reason though, I felt the need to ride my bike again. I guess I was ready. I felt like it was something I needed to do. Once the tires were aired up, I went down the road and floods of memories filled my head...of all the rides Eric and I had together....all the special gear he bought for me...the times he adjusted my seat to just the right place or how he was trying to teach me how to ride with clipless pedals. (Biking was Eric's thing!) My mind even drifted to the triathlon we were going to do in North Dakota together. His strong points were swimming and riding, and mine running, so we were going to both work and learn together on it. However, since we received pretty quick orders to Louisiana, we had to cancel our race. Once we finally got settled in Louisiana and started thinking towards finding another race there, he got sick. So, we never got to do our triathlon together. Maybe someday I will tackle one myself. :) But for today....I rode my bike.
Our last ride together took place along the river in Shreveport during Eric's cancer. There was only one day during Eric's illness where the combination of his cancer and my pregnancy met up and gave us the okay to go riding. It was a day when he had energy, where you would never have known he had cancer. I will always remember that day and treasure it. Just another memory of my time with my husband and best friend. I miss him.
{{{Laura}}}
ReplyDeleteSeeing you shoot your pistol the other day made me think of how "AWESOME" he would have said you were. What an awesome blessing of man you were married too. When I first met my husband and Eric they were roommates in FL at Dave Swans house. One of my first encounters was our men was them cleaning their guns. At that time I had ZERO gun etiquette and I made a HUGE mistake "playing" w/ their guns. (I was such an idiot) Wow, I never did that mistake again, it was a very good learning lesson for me and I WILL NEVER FORGET IT OR THEIR REACTIONS. LOL. Funny now, not so funny then. Dang, we miss your hubby so much too. I am so thankful to know that our GOD has a plan even though we don't know it, I am content knowing our GOD is in control. I will say this every time, I look forward to the day we get to meet again and hang out. So glad you rode your bike today... Thank you for sharing. GOD bless you sweet Laura. xoxo
ReplyDelete