Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for our Parents!

Eric and I have SO much to be thankful for this year.  The most recent that comes to my mind is our loving parents.  While we both could have told you before Eric's cancer, what loving parents we had, through his cancer, their love has continued to be bestowed on us.  It has been clearly evident in our lives in so many ways.  Not only have they dropped everything numerous times, to come and stay with us and walk this journey with us, their words, and prayers have guided and encouraged us.   (and, might I say--traveled a very long way!)

Back in June, our not so small yard was in dire need of clean-up.  We love the house we are renting, but it is on a large corner lot, and not an ideal upkeep job for a cancer patient and pregnant woman.  Eric's squadron was gracious enough to keep up the mowing, but the bushes, and MANY flower beds were OVERGROWING.  So, when Eric's mom and dad were here, they spent several days on their hands and knees pulling weeds, trimming bushes, and picking up sticks.  What a true blessing this was as they served us and relieved this burden from us.  Now, as I sit and write this entry, my parents are outside raking the many leaves that have fallen out of the trees and bagging them up.   Our parents surely did not have to do these jobs for us, but chose to--and for which Eric and I are very grateful.  If only we could aspire to be as giving, serving, and loving parents as they are!!  Thank you Mom, Dad, Bill, and Rita!
Landon decided to check out the leaves


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I love these!!!
    FIToriBLOG.com
    victoriandcharlie.com

    ReplyDelete