Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning what it means to "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

As I begin this new journey in my life with Landon, and without Eric, I am truly learning what it means to literally  "Take EVERYTHING to the Lord in Prayer."  For me, that is honestly the only thing that is keeping me going these days.  And, somehow, amidst the pool of tears of sadness, the peace of Christ which transcends all understanding, comforts me on this journey that God chose for me to walk down.

~~When my heart is aching so much that I don't think I can take it any more, I hear my heavenly father, and my bridegroom saying, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When Landon wakes up in the middle of the night, and I just need Eric to help me know what to do, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I feel hopeless about what the future holds, and how can I ever raise this little boy alone and without his daddy, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I just get so overwhelmed with the paperwork that follows a loved one's death, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I am so tired and just want my husband to hold me and tell me that it is going to be okay, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I see young, healthy families together, and grieve for that not being my own, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When there is just that extra seat at the dinner table, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I constantly am seeing B-52's flying over my head, and am reminded of my missing pilot, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When the night's come and everyone has gone home,  "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~When facebook reminds me that my life and experiences are just so much different than what others my age are experiencing, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer."

~~When I see Eric's shoes left in the corner where he last put them, "Take it to the Lord in Prayer." 


How Grateful I am to have a Savior who truly takes every single thing I offer to Him and reaches back to me with his open hand to comfort me, love me, and walk with me.



Psalm 147: 3
         He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds. 

He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.

        Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

10 comments:

  1. Laura, I truly have no words to say but my heart is with you every step of the way on the road that's set before you. I hear your pain and can only imagine your sadness. But I know you know there is hope and there are many here to hold you up when you feel you cannot stand. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura... You're such a strong woman. Justin and I continue to pray for you and Landon. May our God continue to meet you daily and fill you anew with hope, peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you are a strong, amazing and faithful woman! God has and still is using you in such incredible ways. Your faith is an example to us all. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! You bless us all in your tremendous love for our tremendous God. We love you so much and are always praying for you and your precious Landon. Thank you for sharing your heart with us all. You encourage and point us to our Loving God! Thank you! You are such a blessing to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your openness. Many of us will never truely know what this path feels like but we are praying for you. You are a strong woman and God will sustain you. In my years of experience (not too many :)), I have read the numerous scriptures stating, "God is with you, he cares for you, he strengthens you..." but in the dark moments, when you feel out of breath/energy and fear creeps it, I wanted the tangible. I learned after our miscarriage that I felt God when I pushed into him...if I didn't push in, I felt alone and afraid. We will still be praying for you! And if you need anything, we will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura,
    I had tears running down my face as I read your words and what you are facing right now. I have thought of you so often over the last week and a half, thinking about those type of things you mentioned. I have been praying for the Lord to comfort you and be with you. I am so glad to know you are feeling His presence with you amidst this deepest of sorrow. Your faith in the Lord and the openness in which you share this journey and what He is teaching you and means to you has blessed my faith beyond words. You are defining for so many of us what it means to follow the Lord even in hurt and despair. To praise Him even then. To trust in His Love even then. You are such a strong woman in Him and Landon is so blessed to have a mother like you! We are here and won't stop praying or thinking of you! God bless you today - you are so dear to Him and so many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Above from Gina Rouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, how blessed we all are to have you in our lives! All those times when you so easily could've lost faith, you didn't. What a true testament of your unwavering faith in God!! We pray for you & Landon often & love you SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura; you are so wonderful and it is really inspiring to hear your words and the bible verses that you select and share for strength. You, Landon and the Schmidts are on my mind and prayers.

    I will be working on a letter to Landon to tell him what things I remember from spending holidays with the Schmidts growing up and what Eric was like as a boy from my memories.

    It is sure obvious that you were meant to be his wife!

    Although there is a hole that exists from losing someone you love...and that brings a longing to be with them you can fill it with the joy that he brought you that can never be taken. The happiness you shared and the love you had will always be with you.

    Cry and then smile, laugh and remember the love and know you will see him again.

    I'll keep checking on you! Stace Johnson

    ReplyDelete